Thursday, September 17, 2009

Packing List

As I am a list person - am trying to narrow down my packing list (I did the same when I went to Tanzania). Here's the list:

Documents:1.) Passport2.) 2 copies of passport4.) 2 copies of tourist visa5.) 2 copies of insurance cards
6.) Itinerary7.) CashClothing:
10 pairs of underwear
10 pairs of socks
3 pairs of light-weight pants
2 pairs of not short-shorts
1 long skirts
2 long-sleeved shirts 8 t-shirts
1 “nicer” outfit
Fleece jacket
1 sweatshirts
1 pair sweatpants, or lounging type pants
Rain jacket
Rain pants
Poncho for Gorilla Trek
Leather gloves for Trek
Flip flops or H2O friendly sandals (Crocs)
Rain boots (can be bought and/or borrowed here)
Low/lightweight hiking boots
baseball hat
Bathing suit (the lodge has a pool?)

Other things:

A head lamp and extra
Travel alarm clock
Sunglasses
water bottle?
Bug repellant (with DEET)
Powdered Gatorade/Hydration Tabs
Quick dry bath towel
Wash Cloth
Nail Brush
Swahili-English dictionary, instructional book, and/or Swahili phrase book
Day-pack, such as a small backpack or messenger bag
Money pouch
Visa/mc
Bed Nets

Entertainment:
Books to read
Binoculars
Camera with chargers
I-pod/headphones with chargers
Journal
Stationary items and pens
Computer with chargers
Cellphone with charger – Tanzanian phone/Blackberry
Adapters

Medicine:
Personal prescriptions
Malerone
Cipro and
Pepto-Bismol (chewable tablets are handy for traveling)
TUMS
Tylenol or Advil
Multi-symptom cold/flu medicine/Decongestant
Hand sanitizers (Purel and/or handi-wipes)

Toiletries:
Shampoo/Conditioner
Hairbrush
Cream
Face cream
Nail clippers
Glasses/sunglasses
Face scrub
makeup?? will I really need it?
deoderant

I know this is a boring entry - but will be very useful when I pack my bags Saturday morning and for any future trips (which I hope there will be!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment